Verizon is a technology company that provides unparalleled voice, data and video services in California.
Our investment in California's network infrastructure is an investment in the economic future of the state. At Verizon, we are differentiating ourselves in the marketplace by building superior networks and delivering innovative technologies - particularly in consumer broadband, business and government, and wireless. Our company is an essential enabler of the internet ecosystem.
Annually a major investor in California's economy and infrastructure, Verizon continues to bring communications and computing innovation to the state's consumers and businesses.
Key Operational and Financial Statistics for Verizon Companies* in CA
- We invested $1.4 billion in plant and equipment in 2012.
- We own or manage 1,096 buildings or locations in California.
- We partner with more than 4,143 California vendors and suppliers.
- 15,473 employees work in California. 15,510 live here.
- We paid more than $300 million in healthcare costs for employees and retirees.
- We paid approximately $139 million in pensions to 11,893 retirees in California.
- 48,889 Verizon shareowners live here.
- We made more than $5.7 million in charitable and civic contributions in California in 2012.